- It is interesting being a displaced congregation for a season. I have been reminded that the church is His people and not a building. The building is a tool for us to be His people and to do ministry. It is exciting to see the Lord working even as we struggle with the implications of social distancing. Let me encourage you to keep you eyes on Jesus during this time.
- Gals the Ladies Retreat is on for next Saturday. Let me encourage you to carve out some time to be part of this event. It will be different than any other retreat, but I am confident that the Lord is going to use it. The Women’s Ministry team will be presenting a Livestream event using Zoom Saturday April 25, 10AM. The details are being worked out. Please respond to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Caryl Parkinson. Use this link to attend (ZOOM Link).
- We are now two weeks into our Wednesday Night online Bible Study. It has been a blessing to me. If you are interested in connecting with others and digging deeper into God’s Word then plan to join us for the Online Bible Study on Zoom Wednesday evenings at 7PM. (Zoom Link) Please contact Pastor Joe for more information or for help getting online. If you are interested in another night, please let me know.
- We continue to refine our Sunday Livestream on Facebook Live and Youtube. We will be Streaming again this Sunday at 10 AM to both Facebook and YouTube. (Clink Links). We will be continuing to work through our passage in Galatians. I would encourage you to invite others.
- We have a new project on our list. We need to place 35 parking stops that were delivered today. We also have a section that needs bark. I am also looking for a couple guys to finish the siding on the building. We also could use someone to help with cutting the grass or watering the landscaping. If you are available to help, please let me know. It is a good time to get these things done while everything else is on hold. Your prayers for the permits, electric and new building are appreciated.
- Just a reminder for those with Kids at home that Kendra has “Sunday School” curriculum available for those parents interested. It can also be a wonderful source for a family devotion time (maybe after dinner around the table). Please contact her.
- Let me remind you to join OnRealm our private online church communication platform. Invitation is by request by sending an email and phone number to email@example.com or contact Pastor Joe.
- I want to thank those that have sent donations via mail, bill pay or Living Hope Online Giving(Clink Link). The church address for mail options is: Living Hope Church, P.O. Box 908, Port Orchard, WA 98366. Please contact Nathan F or Pastor Joe with any questions.
- For April I and encouraging everyone to work on, “But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law.” Galatians 5:22–23 ESV If you struggle with memorizing or even consistency, let me encourage you to check out the Bible Memory App. (IOS and Android) www.BibleMemory.com
- I am looking forward to our time in God’s Word this Sunday as we focus on the fruit of the Spirit. Please join me in praying that the Lord would encourage our congregation and those who join us as we look at who we are in Christ in our study of Galatians 5:22-26. I do appreciate your prayers for me. Pray that the Lord would first speak into my life so that He can then speak through me.