· God is Good All the Time! I know that we are surrounded by tough times. Yet, one of the great blessing to me is the fellowship that happens regularly in our church. Yes, it happens on Sunday but is also happens all throughout the week in chance meetings and even small groups. Thank you for being a part of the Lord’s blessing to me!
· We had another great 101 Discovering Church Membership CLASS this past Saturday. It was a special time to go over the history of Living Hope, to focus on how God’s Word shapes our ministry and to celebrate what He is doing. I want to thank each of those that were part of this class. I know that there are a number of others interested, so plan to join us for our next class in March.
· Baptismal Service(s). The Baptism service is a go! The service will be held February 20th during the 2nd service. If you are interested in following the Lord in obedience in this area of your life, please speak with Pastor Joe.
· Baby Shower for Sheila on Saturday January 29 at 12:30 PM. Please refer to the Sunday bulletin for more information.
· 5th Sunday Potluck. Sunday January 30. We are scheduling a Potluck following the 10:30AM service on Sunday January 30th. We are asking every family to bring a Main Dish AND One Option (Bread, Salad, Dessert). I am looking forward to this church fellowship time.
· 201 Discovering Spiritual Maturity Saturday February 19, 9:00 AM to 3:00PM. Thanks to those that have responded. If you are interested please reach out to Pastor Joe or Pastor Berney.
· New Copier Purchase Our existing copier has finally reached the end of its service life. It was brought to my attention the need to make the need known. We are in the process of procuring a new one. If you are interested in contributing to this need, please designate your gift as “Copier.” Please reach out to Pastor Joe with any questions.
·AWANA 5:30pm- 7:30pm for students in the K – 6th Grades. This is great way to introduce new families to Living Hope. Contact Pastor Berney for specifics.
· Prayer Meeting meets on Wednesday evenings at 7PM in the Admin Building. We bring our prayers before the Lord! You are invited to join us in a time of fellowship with the Lord in prayer and with other believers.
· Men’s Bible Studies, both AM and PM meet on Thursdays at 10am and 7PM respectively. Pastor Joe’s 10 AM group is a sermon based study and Pastor Berney’s 7 Pm group is studying Ephesians. It is exciting to see our men growing in their relationship with the Lord!
· Six-8 Meets for Youth Group on Tuesday nights at 6PM in the Ministry Center. Please contact Pastor Berney with any questions.
· This is the last week for our January Monthly Memory Verse “Finally, be strong in the Lord and in the strength of his might.” Ephesians 6:10 ESV I strongly encourage you to develop a system for memorizing Scripture. It could be using 3×5 cards or even an app. Let me encourage you to check out the Bible Memory App. (IOS and Android)
· This Sunday as we continue our journey of discovering what the Bible reveals about the future, our focus this Sunday will be on “Knowing the Unknown – Grasping Bible Literature!” We will be looking at six types of literature used in the Bible. We will finish by looking at Prophecy. Thanks to everyone that is praying for our ministry. It is making a difference. It is exciting to see so many people hungry to know Jesus better. You are making a difference. Thank You!