· It seems like each day I am reminded of the privilege of not only knowing the Lord but being known by Him. I hope that you are able to see past all the stuff and focus on the true meaning of Christmas.
· I want to give a shout-out to the families that are doing the Candlelighting during each service. It is a special blessing for me and I hope it is for you also. Thank You!
· Baptismal Service(s). It is humbling to see the Lord working in hearts and lives. I rejoice in those that have come to know Jesus through our ministry, those that are growing in their relationship and especially those that desire to share their faith through baptism. Our baptism service will be next Sunday December 19 during the 10 AM service. We will also being doing another baptism service the first part of January. Please talk to Pastor Joe if you are interested.
· Ladies Christmas Party, the Ladies had a great time together at the Annual Christmas Party. It was a great time for the group of ladies that gathered together. I want to give a shout out to the Women’s Ministry team for all their work putting this together.
· Christmas Caroling. We are encouraging you to join us as we go Christmas Caroling to contacts within our congregation on Sunday January 19. We will be meeting at the church at 3PM. We are asking our congregation to provide that names of those whom we could visit. We are asking families to bring cookies for a cookie fellowship following the caroling. We will not be giving cookies to homes that we visit this year.
· Christmas Eve Candlelight Service, Friday December 24th 6PM. We will be celebrating our Christmas Candlelight Service in the new building.
· Christmas Sunday Service, will be celebrating on Sunday December 26th at both the 9:00 AM and the 10:30 AM services.
· Media Ministry Opportunity If you are interested in helping with the media presentation and/or production on Sunday mornings, please contact Pastor Joe.
· AWANA 5:30pm- 7:30pm for students in the K – 6th Grades. Someone recently mentioned to me how our new facility has enabled our program to go to the next level! This is great way to introduce new families to Living Hope. Contact Pastor Berney for specifics.
· Adult Bible Study is meeting on Tuesday evening at 7 PM at Admin Building. The study is a sermon based discussion lead by Thom B.. If you are interested in going deeper in the Word, why not check it out?
· Prayer Meeting will meet on Wednesdays at 7PM in the Admin Building.
· Men’s Bible Studies, both AM and PM will continue meeting on Thursdays at 10am and 7PM.
· Six-8 Meets for Youth Group on Tuesday nights at 6PM in the Ministry Center. Please contact Pastor Berney with any questions.
· Our Monthly Memory Verse for December reminds us to focus on what we are celebrating this and every Christmas. “And the angel said to them, “Fear not, for behold, I bring you good news of great joy that will be for all the people.” Luke 2:10 ESV
I strongly encourage you to develop a system for memorizing Scripture. It could be using 3×5 cards or even an app. Let me encourage you to check out the Bible Memory App. (IOS and Android)
· This Sunday we continue our Christmas series Christmas – A Season of Hope from Matthew 2 as we focus on the account of the Wisemen. Our message will be “A Season to Worship” as we work through the foreigners from the East coming to worship the Messiah. I appreciate your prayers for Pastor Jeremy as he brings the message this Sunday. Thank you so much for your prayers. It is humbling to see the Lord working. Thank You!