- It is hard to believe that we are now into the Traditional Christmas Season. It just does not seem the same. I am reminded that if we stripped away all the social events and extras of the cultural Christmas celebration that we still have something to celebrate. The First Advent of Jesus was a fulfillment of God’s promise to provide a deliverer for our sins. He did this through a poor couple living under the oppressive Roman government. Let me encourage you to make this Christmas special by focusing on what we are celebrating!
- Christmas Eve Candle Light Open House December 24, 6:00-8:00pm on the church property. I want to say Thank You to everyone that indicated a desire to do a Candlelight Service this year. We are opting to do an Open House. The plan is to have the new Worship open for those that want to walk through. We are also working through serving some light refreshments like Hot Chocolate, Cookies and of course Candy Canes! (Please contact Caryl if you would like to help or provide cookies.) I know it is not the same as our regular tradition but it would be great to connect with others and personally wish them a Merry Christmas.
- Ladies Discipleship group will be meeting Saturday December 12 10am – Noon. Reach out to Caryl with any questions.
- The Men’s group is meeting on Wednesday evenings. Contact Pastor Berney for more info.
- Six8- Please check our Facebook for the most current information.
- It is hard to image that they will begin delivering the Worship building tomorrow! Next week will begin the busy process of getting it put together and the center section roofed. It looks like the building will be all together the week before Christmas! What a special gift.
- Our new verse for our December Memory Verse is “For to us a child is born, to us a son is given; and the government shall be upon his shoulder, and his name shall be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.” Isaiah 9:6 ESV The Prophet Isaiah speaks prophetically of Jesus. The names given reflect different aspects of His influence in our lives and in our world. If you struggle with memorizing or even consistency, let me encourage you to check out the Bible Memory App. (IOS and Android) www.BibleMemory.com
- This week we will be looking at God’s work in the lives of those that blatantly reject Him in an account of God’s protection of the nation of Israel. Please be in prayer for our next and possibly last message in our “Lessons for the Journey” Sermon series.