- This past Sunday we held our 1st Quarter Congregational Meeting after the AM service. I want to Thank everyone that stayed. It is humbling to see what the Lord is doing through our church. I was also reminded of the importance of having a space that is our own. Thanks for your spiritual and physical investing in the Lord’s work at Living Hope.
- This past Sunday was the end of our Annual Operation Christmas Child emphasis. A huge “Thank You” to everyone that put together boxes. 54 boxes were collected. Now that they are on their way let’s pray that the Lord would touch a heart through our gifts. I also want to give a shout out to George H. for his oversight of this special ministry.
- Looking ahead on the church calendar we have a number of events coming up. I do want to remind you that our Church Office will be closed November 28-29 for Thanksgiving and the days between Christmas and New Year’s. If you have a need please contact a pastor directly on their cell phones.
- Our Advent Celebration will launch on Sunday December 1st. It is our desire to pull us back to the Christian meaning of Christmas by the weekly reading, testimony and Candle lighting. Let me encourage you to attempt the same daily in your family. There are Advent calendars available.
- The Ladies Christmas party is scheduled for Friday, December 6th at 7PM at the Sutherland’s It is hard to believe that Thanksgiving is next week followed by Christmas. Ladies this is a must attend event!
- The Ministry Team leader’s Christmas party is Tuesday December 3 at the Parkinson’s. Dinner will be provided.
- Our church Caroling party is scheduled for Sunday December 15th at 3PM. We are planning to leave from the Church Office but will be finishing at a yet to be determined location for dinner. We will also be soliciting names of shut-ins and others that we can visit. Please use the insert in the church bulletin.
- It is not too early to begin to reach out to your friends and others about attending our Christmas Eve Candlelight Service. It is hard to imagine that this may be our last Candlelight service at Marcus where we have held it since 2001.
- OK we are still pressing forward on the church site. I am reminded that the little stuff always seems to take the most time. It has been good to have the lawn start to come in. There is a possibility that they will be paving at the end of the week. We are working hard to get the fencing and landscaping done and praying for PSE to get power in so that we can complete the site permit. This would allow us to move on the work that needs to be done on the Modular Office.
- If you are available we will be working at the site again this Saturday. It is an “unofficial Work Day” because we did not get it into the bulletin. Pastor Joe will be on-site at 9 AM to work on installing fencing. We are also scheduling back to back workdays on Friday November 29 and Saturday November 30 for those available over the Thanksgiving weekend. It will be our White Friday emphasis as we choose to serve.
- Be sure to pass the word on AWANA. We are meeting at Givens Center again this year at 5:30 pm on Sundays. Let me encourage you to reach out to other families that have students in the K- 6th grade range to encourage them to attend. Please contact Pastor Berney with any questions.
- Gals, there is a Ladies Bible Study on Tuesdays at 6:30pm at the Ragsdale’s for those interested. The Guy’s study is Wednesdays at 7 pm. You will need to contact Pastor Berney since they rotate locations.
- The Six 8 Youth Ministries is rolling with the High School students meeting Friday evenings and the Jr. High group meeting Sundays from 5:30- 8:30. Please contact Pastor Zac with any questions.
- Our Romans Road verse for this week is “For “everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.”(Romans 10:13 ESV ) If you are struggling in this area, let me encourage you to check out the ScriptureTyper App. (IOS and Android)
- This Sunday we will be taking the opportunity to focus on “Thanksgiving!” The focus of our time will be on the importance of actively giving thanks. I appreciate your prayers for me and our congregation this weekend as we step aside to focus on what the Lord has done in our lives. Thank you for praying!