· I hope you will take time to Give Thanks to the Lord this Thanksgiving season. I know that the world seems to be spinning out of control. Yet, those of us that know Jesus are reminded of how much we have to be thankful for. I hope that you will take some time to share your thankfulness with others.
· Fall Stewardship Emphasis. This Sunday we will wrap up our Annual stewardship emphasis with a Thanksgiving Service, Potluck and a quick Business Meeting. We are encouraging those impacted by what the Lord is doing at Living Hope to become a part of supporting the ministry financially. We would like to raise an additional $2000 per month towards general fund giving as well as receive a one-time offering towards the additional funds need for our church sign. We are going to need about $10,000 to add to the gift of $10,000 received from mission. Please take a moment to fill out your commitment card from the bulletin. The commitments and offering will be received at the Sunday November 21 AM services.
· Thanksgiving –Soup, Bread and Pie Potluck Sunday November 21st following 2nd AM Service. It is a great time to fellowship, connect and celebrate the Lord’s blessing upon us this past year. We are asking each family to bring soup, bread and a pie to be shared for the event.
· Congregational Business Meeting, Sunday November 21 following the church potluck. The business meeting will be a quick update on the ministry and church finances. We will also be voting on a retro-active church budget for the 2021-2022 ministry year. The meeting will begin following the Thanksgiving Potluck.
· New Ladies Bible Study Group. A new ladies group is in the works. Gals if you are interested in connecting and studying the Word be sure to fill out the bulletin insert or contact Caryl P for more information.
· Baptism Service. I have had a conversation with those considering Baptism. If you are interested please contact Pastor Joe.
· Media Ministry Opportunity If you are interested in helping with the media presentation and/or production on Sunday mornings, please contact Pastor Joe.
· AWANA 5:30pm- 7:30pm for students in the K – 6th Grades. Someone recently mentioned to me how our new facility has enabled our program to go to the next level! This is great way to introduce new families to Living Hope. Contact Pastor Berney for specifics.
· Adult Bible Study is meeting on Tuesday evening at 7 PM at Admin Building. The study is a sermon based discussion lead by Thom B.. If you are interested in going deeper in the Word, why not check it out?
· Church Offices Closed next Thursday and Friday for Thanksgiving. Please feel free to contact the pastors directly if needed.
· Prayer Meeting will NOT be meeting this coming Wednesday Thanksgiving Eve. We will resume the following Wednesday at 7PM.
· Men’s Bible Studies, both AM and PM will not be meeting on Thursday Thanksgiving Day. The studies will resume at 10am and 7PM the following Thursday.
· Six-8 Meets for Youth Group on Tuesday nights at 7PM in the Ministry Center. Please contact Pastor Berney with any questions.
· Our Monthly Memory Verse(s) for November is a reminder to set our hope in the Lord. It also aligns with our new sermon series for November. “For to this end we toil and strive, because we have our hope set on the living God, who is the Savior of all people, especially of those who believe.” 1 Timothy 4:10 ESV I strongly encourage you to develop a system for memorizing Scripture. It could be using 3×5 cards or even an app. Let me encourage you to check out the Bible Memory App. (IOS and Android)
· This Sunday is the last message of our “Intentional Spiritual Impact” series we will be focusing on Thankfulness. We have a quote in our kitchen that reads, “It is not the Happy People that are Thankful, but the Thankful people that are Happy!” Thanks for your regular prayers as I prepare for our time in the Word this Sunday.