- I what to thank Mission Mike Gustafson for joining us this past Sunday to report on their work in Ukraine. Please continue to pray for their family as they prepare to head back this next week.
- This is a great time to do an evaluation of your relationship with Jesus. I know that slowdown can allow us to become distracted from our spiritual practices. Let me encourage you to work on one thing each week this summer. It could be related to speech, a relationship or even your reading or listening habits. Let’s work on learning about God and living for God this summer.
- I know many of us our itching to start holding public services again. We are unable to do that for two primary reasons; first the schools are still closed and second, our school is still being repaired. So with this in mind we are encouraging individuals to connect on their own, wisely, now that the restrictions are more accommodating.
- We are one step closer to meeting in our own building. The great news is that the building designs for the Worship modular are complete and our building loan is in place. The next step involves obtaining permits so that construction can begin. Thank you for your generous support for our ministry. Finances are going to be tight over the next several months, but we are trusting the Lord to work in and through our congregation. Any additional gifts at this time are greatly appreciated as we make this last push to get on site. Keep praying!
- I have really enjoyed our Wednesday Evening Bible Study 7pm on ZOOM (Zoom Link) I have been very happy with the way that is going. Yes, it would be better if we met in person, but the video chat format is working very well. If you are interested in digging a little deeper into the Sunday message, I encourage you to join us.
- Our July memory verse is from Matthew 9:37-38 “Then he said to his disciples, “The harvest is plentiful, but the laborers are few; therefore pray earnestly to the Lord of the harvest to send out laborers into his harvest.”” Matthew 9:37–38 ESV If you struggle with memorizing or even consistency, let me encourage you to check out the Bible Memory App. (IOS and Android) www.BibleMemory.com
- This Sunday we will be back in 1 Kings as we look at the reign of King Solomon in our Celebrate Summer Series “Lessons for the Journey.” This week we will be look at Solomon’s humility before God in the sermon “Lessons on Humility.” We are reminded that God is blesses the humble (like our memory verse from June, Luke 14:11, reminded us). I do appreciate your prayers that God would speak into the Pastors lives as we prepare for this Sunday and He would then speak through us.