- The more I study the Word the more I am blessed to know that I belong to the Lord. It is an exciting time to live for several reasons. The sad reality for many of us is that it is easy to focus on the temporal things and miss the eternal.
- I know that I talk a lot of the site stuff but my heart is really focused on the needs of our congregation and community. I just want to mention, generally, that there are a number of our church families that are walking through tough times. Let all of us do what we can to encourage them. One thing you can do is by joining the prayer chain on the Realm. It is a great way to be notified and also to respond.
- Huge answer to prayer! The rest of the concrete work was completed today! We have also completed the ADA handrails on the west main entrance and ramp. We should be able to start on the rest of the handrails first of next week once the concrete cures. Things are moving forward inside the building also. Smaller, but important, projects like mounting the paper towel dispensers and the fire extinguishers is now done. The fiber backbone has been pulled between the buildings. The connection of the two buildings will allow for internet (when it is installed), streaming services, security camera and alarm. The next task is for the excavating contractor to finish the site preparation. We have asked them to put down a fresh layer of gravel. Exciting times.
- Thanks for praying for a February Sunday service. I can tell that that is not going to happen but we are closer. It is time to pray for March. I am reminded that the Lord’s timing is always perfect. Just remember we will not be promoting the Sunday service at first. This will allow us to roll into ministry. We will being with a simple single service to start. There probably will be no children’s ministry at first. We have a lot a details to figure out before we actually go public. Of course those who are interested in attending are welcome.
- We have two Men’s groups that are meeting. Pastor Berney leads a Thursday Evening group at 7:00 pm at the church studying the Minor Prophets. Pastor Joe is leading the Thursday Men’s daytime group at 10AM, also at the office. The Thursday morning group is doing Sermon based discussions for those interested.
- Ladies, time to make plans for the Spring Ladies Retreat. You will want to set aside Friday and Saturday, April 23rd and 24th for this special get together. Stay tuned for more information.
- Six-8 Youth Jr high meets on Sundays 5-7pm at the Church Office. The Sr High is now meeting on Fridays 6:30-8:30pm also at the Church Office. The Tuesday night Youth Hangout is 6:30-8:30pm for both groups and will continue to be at the Schramek’s. Please contact Pastor Zac for more information.
- Our Monthly Memory Verse for February 2021 will again remind us of one of the purposes of the new building to bring the message of Jesus to others. “And such were some of you. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God.” 1 Corinthians 6:11 ESV If you struggle with memorizing or even consistency, let me encourage you to check out the Bible Memory App. (IOS and Android) www.BibleMemory.com
- The Lord has really been working in our midst. I do covet your prayers for the Pastors as we prepare for this Sunday. It has been another busy week. Please pray for the Lord’s direction as we prepare for this Sunday. Thank you for praying.