- I have been reminded this week of the spiritual battle we are fighting as followers of Jesus and as a local congregation. Our congregation has been over the top loving and caring for others but I have noticed it in several different ways. There are those that are going through incredible personal struggles that range from A-Z. There are those that are nipping at each other. There are others that are feeling the weight of ministry. I am confident that this is related to the growth of our ministry, the spiritual growth that is happening and the building project. These areas of growth and blessing are all spiritual declarations of war to our adversary. I am reminded of Paul’s encouragement, “And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.” (Galatians 6:9)
- Gals, the Women’s Discipleship group will be meeting this Saturday. Please note that the time has been adjusted an hour earlier to run from 9 am- 11 am at the home of Sarah S.
- The Six8 Mall Hunt is also this weekend. The plan is to leave from the church property at 1 PM Saturday. The second event of the Six 8 double header is the DU (Destination Unknown) on Sunday. The plan is to leave at 1pm from the church property. Please contact Pastor Zac for the specifics.
- I want to give a shout out to the CLEAT Soccer Camp Team. We desperately covet your prayers as we quickly move forward to our largest camp yet. The early bird registration, which historically is about 50% of the camp is point to a potential camp with over 160 players! Please pray as Pastor Berney works to confirm the needed coaches. Your prayers are also appreciated for registration, snack and even providing meals. If you can help, we can use you, even if you cannot commit to the whole week. Our areas of need are help with registration and help with snacks and assistant coaches.
- The CLEAT Snack team is asking you to bring your snacks this Sunday July 14. You can make other arrangements by contacting Sarah S.
- And while we are on the topic of CLEAT Camp, let me remind you of our Celebration Sunday Potluck Picnic on July 28th.
- The contractor is making great progress on the property. They are diligently working to clear off the remaining piles. Our goal is to get the office modular put in place so that it can be installed. This will also free up the site for the installation of the utilities and infrastructure. I am told that once the ground is cleared off that the rest will move more quickly. Your prayers are making a difference as we are making progress on the electrical design and installation. I would appreciate your prayers as we are still trying to get the Irrigation Design done.
- I never cease to be amazed at God’s timing. If there is a prayer request for our congregation at this time, it is reflected in our July verse, “And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.” Matthew 6:13 ESV If you are struggling in this area, let me encourage you to check out the ScriptureTyper App. (IOS and Android)
- This Sunday we move to 1 Corinthians 7 in our “Be Wise” challenge. It is a section that deals with marriage. We will not be able to deal with the whole chapter, but our focus will be on “Be Wise with Our Commitment.” Paul addresses many aspects of marriage from a Biblical perspective. Please ask the Lord to direct me to the portions of this chapter that are most pertinent to our congregation. Thanks again for your prayers.